The Thief River Falls Scenic Tourist Park is located on Highway 32 South and Oakland Park Road. See diagram below. It overlooks the lower Red Lake River and Hartz Park.
The Tourist Park has 16 full hook-ups, 48 electrical only, and unlimited camping areas for our campers. A campground attendant is available in the mornings and evenings to collect fees and assist you with your needs. A drop box is located on the utility door of the bathhouse for those campers who wish to leave before the park attendant has collected the fees.
The bathhouse, which is located in the center of the park, is handicapped accessible and provides free showers and flush toilets for our campers. It is equipped with pop and juice machines and an area for tourist information. A shelter, which overlooks our beautiful Hartz Park, is available for picnics and family gatherings. Fire rings are located throughout the park for camp fires. Campers have access to a dump station which is located directly across Oakland Park Road by the entrance of Pedar Engelstad Pioneer Village.
Hartz Park from campgrounds looking east Campgrounds view
To help us protect our Urban Forest from unwanted pests and disease, the latest being the Emerald Ash Borer, we require that you only burn wood purchased at this campground. Wood may be purchased from the Campground Attendant. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information on the Emerald Ash Borer, see the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's website - www.saveourash.net
Please help us make the stay for all campers an enjoyable experience by observing the following rules:
1. Please report any disturbances or destruction of property to the Tourist Park Attendant or the City Police Dept. at 218 681-6161
2. Open fires are allowed ONLY in the fire rings.
3. We require that you burn only wood purchased at this campground. This will help protect our Urban Forest from unwanted pests and diseases.
4. Each camper is responsible for all wastes at his/her campsite. Place all garbage in the dumpsters.
5. Pets are welcome so long as they are kept leashed at all times and do not disturb other campers. No pets are to be left unattended at any time.
6. Show consideration and courtesy to your neighbors by discontinuing all unnecessary noise by 11:00 p.m.
7. Do not wash dishes in the bathhouse.
8. In the event of severe weather, you are asked to take shelter at the Law Enforcement Center located at 102 West 1st St. or Northwest Medical Center at 120 LaBree Ave. South.